End Abortion Surveillance
Surveillance built on corporate data harvesting is how draconian anti-abortion laws will be enforced. We must act now to protect people seeking, providing, and facilitating abortions.
Companies must immediately take action to limit the collection and retention of location, health, and other data that can be used to apprehend anyone engaged in the abortion care process and end business practices that will put these people in danger.
Legislators at the local, state, and federal level, as well as agencies, like the FTC, and the President, must do everything in their power to restrict corporate data harvesting and government surveillance.
Individuals can take steps to protect themselves and their personal data, and to fight abortion surveillance. See the list of resources for more information, and sign the petition to lawmakers and companies below.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
OPEN LETTER: MAKE DMS SAFE
Surveillance built on corporate data harvesting is how draconian anti-abortion laws will be enforced.
Google: Stop Endangering Abortion Seekers
Demand an immediate stop to unnecessary collection and retention of our location data.
FIGHT ABORTION CENSORSHIP
Laws that will censor abortion content are spreading across the country. Act to defend free speech.
- National Network of Abortion Funds (find a provider and financial support)
- ProChoice.org (final a provider)
- EFF: Digital Safety Tips: For People Seeking Abortions
- EFF: Surveillance Self-Defense Guide
- Digital Defense Fund: Cyber Security with Pigeon: Know Your Cyber Civil Rights
- Digital Defense Fund: Abortion Privacy
- Digital Defense Fund: Privacidad del Aborto
- Wired: The Biggest Privacy Risks In Post-Roe America
- Sierra Club: Striking Down Roe v. Wade Leaves Native Women and Girls Even More Vulnerable
- Future Privacy Forum: The Role of Data Protection in Safeguarding Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Information
- Guttmacher Institute: State Abortion Law Overview
- S.T.O.P.: Pregnancy Panopticon: Abortion Surveillance After Roe